When I started my Modern Jedi NLP On-Line/Hands-On Course, one of the ideas I had was to allow the students to answer their certification quizzes after each section of the course on their blogs. It ocurred to me that this would be a win/win on a number of levels.
- The student would have a chance to learn a vital, low cost marketing skill that would help his/her practice.
- The fact that the student was answering in a public forum would challenge them to truly think about what they were learning.
- Since blogs are so much more search engine friendly than regular websites, it would enable the prospective NLP practitioner to begin to show up in Google searches.
- It also occurred to me that it would help spread the word about the Modern Jedi NLP training as well.
One of my students, Josh Kronlund chose to answer his quizzes on a free blog he set up in minutes.
Check out what happens when you google “Josh Kronlund NLP”
Here are the screen shots captured on 09/24/09:
Screen Shot 1: this first group shows mentions of Josh in my blog (which you are reading)
- josh kronlund nlp
Screen shot 2: is still the first page of google and Josh gets a couple of direct listings for his blog.
- josh kronlund nlp student
Now, admittedly there is a lot to the art of blogging and getting search engine ranking.
I learned most of what I know about blogging and using it as a marketing tool from Michael Guerin.
If you want to boost your business you definitely need to learn this stuff. Here’s how:
Mike & Rob are offering a new course which they are beta testing (which means it will be at a fraction of it’s value)
Check it out here and tell them I sent you. (actually they’ll know where you visited their site from and they’ll teach you how to know that stuff too.
here’s the link: http://BestWebPresence.com
all the best,
Mark Shepard, Modern Jedi Guy